This is a transcription of the video from University of Subway lesson "How to Build a Breakfast Sandwich".
The text may be sourced from the text of the video, the spoken narration, or some combination of the two. Formatting of the text may be emulated or added where useful for clarity. Minimal text content may be modified to correct typographical errors.
This transcription is not a suitable alternative to actually watching the video (your progress in the video is recorded and can be checked by your supervisor). This is not meant to encourage cheating on the accompanying quizzes, the answers of which have already inevitably been pasted on their own first Google results anyway. This is not meant to infringe on any copyright, rather, it is shown here as a quickly verifiable reference for important details of operation of Subway restaurants.
US Breakfast Program
How to Build a Breakfast Sandwich
Objectives: You will be able to build a breakfast sandwich on:
- 6-inch Flatbread
- 6-inch Regular Bread
Sandwich formulas Edit
Egg omelettes offered:
- Egg white
- Yellow egg
Remember to ask the customer what type of egg they would like.
If vegetables are part of the formula or if customer requests the vegetables toasted, the vegetables are to be placed on top of the meat before placing cheese and are toasted. Now let's look at a couple of the sandwich builds.
How to build breakfast sandwiches Edit
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese
- 1 egg omelet, 2 slices bacon, 2 triangles of cheese
- Steak, Egg & Cheese
- 1 egg omelet, 1.25 oz shaved steak (1 breakfast scoop/tray), 2 triangles cheese
- Egg & Cheese
- 1 egg omelet, 2 triangles cheese
- Black Forest Ham, Egg & Cheese
- 1 egg omelet, 2 slices ham, 2 triangles cheese
- Recommended local: Breakfast B.M.T. Melt
- 1 egg omelet, 2 slices pepperoni, 2 slices salami, 1 slice ham (unfolded), 3 tomato slices, 2 triangles cheese
- Recommended local: Sausage, Egg & Cheese
- 1 egg omelet, 2 sausage patties, 2 triangles cheese
- Recommended local: Sunrise SUBWAY Melt
- 1 egg omelet, 2 slices turkey, 1 slice ham (unfolded), 2 slices bacon, 3 tomato slices, 2 triangles cheese
- Recommended local: Turkey, Egg & Cheese
- 1 egg omelet, 2 slices turkey, 2 triangles cheese
Let's take a look at building a breakfast sandwich on flatbread. In this example we're going to build a Bacon, Egg & Cheese sandwich.
- Place flatbread on top of the deli paper with the bubbley side up.
- Place thawed egg in the center of the flatbread.
- Add two slices of cheese on the top half of the egg.
- Add two slices of bacon on top of the cheese.
- Toast the open sandwich on the Bacon & Ham 1 setting.
- Add requested vegetables on the bottom half of the egg.
- Add requested sauce in the appropriate place.
- Fold the top half over the bottom half, discard the deli paper, wrap in sub wrap and serve with one napkin.
Now we're going to build a six-inch Steak, Egg & Cheese sandwich.
- Place cut bread on top of the deli paper.
- Place thawed egg covering the top half of the bread and extending to the bottom half of the bread.
- Place one breakfast scoop or half of a portioning tray of steak on the top half of the egg.
- Add two slices of cheese on top of the steak.
- Toast sandwich on the Sausage & Steak 1 setting.
- Add requested vegetables on the bottom half of the bread, and any requested sauce in the appropriate place.
Now let's move on to toasting times. Toast all sandwiches on appropriate settings to ensure all food is thoroughly heated. Please refer to the attached job aid for instruction on microwaving if the customer does not want the sandwich toasted.
This concludes the How to Build a Breakfast Sandwich lesson.